At C.A. Short Company, like most, we have been watching the world and national events surrounding the COVID-19 virus. Like you, we are making the very best decisions, day by day, for our people and for our customers.Read More >>
Topics: News & Updates
More than 80 years ago, C.A. Short Company decided that we would do things differently. At a time when employers were demanding more and more from their employees while offering them less and less, we believed there was a better way.Read More >>
Short and Peerless Performance logos" style="width: 770px;" width="770">
C.A. Short Company and Peerless Performance, two industry leaders in employee engagement and culture engineering, have announced the release of the Peerless Study.Read More >>
This June, National Safety Month arrives once again to remind us all of the unwavering importance in creating a Culture of Safety in the workplace. After all, positively overhauling the safety culture within your organization is shown to improve safety performance among your employees – an important point recently echoed by the National Safety Council in advocating for safety culture and effective safety management.Read More >>
A call from your spouse. A message from a friend. An email notification from your gym.
Life’s little distractions add up, and getting sidetracked at work can be an unavoidable annoyance. It’s easy to take for granted the pesky and seemingly unending diversions that distract us during the workday.Read More >>
Today, employee recognition has never been more critical to the success of an organization. With an increasingly diverse and evolving workforce, it can be difficult determining which rewards will have the greatest impact on your employees. The challenges can be frustrating.
The good news is C.A. Short Company is here to help you generate the most significant impact possible.
In the coming weeks, we’ll be announcing some major innovations. Some will be upgrades to our existing products and services, including our award-winning employee engagement, recognition, and safety platform, People Are Everything. Others will be completely new opportunities your organization can use to reward your employees and increase your bottom line.
For today’s article, we’ll focus on two core offerings designed with your changing workforce in mind: an updated and expanded sales incentive program and the inclusion of experiential rewards.Read More >>
- What are Years of Service awards?
- Why is it important to recognize an employee’s work anniversary?
- The benefits of an engaged and recognized workforce
- When should you begin honoring employees for their years of service?
- 15 best practices for offering Years of Service awards
- How do values-based incentive points programs work?
- Benefits of values-based incentive programs
- How a SaaS provider can help
- Next steps
- Chapter 1: What Is Employee Recognition?
- Chapter 2: Why Does Employee Recognition Matter?
- Chapter 3: The Three Levels of a Total Recognition Program
- Chapter 4: 5 Ideas You Can Use to Improve Employee Recognition and Show Your Appreciation
- Chapter 5: Understanding Your Next Steps
- Introduction to Workplace Safety
- Part 1: State of Employee Safety in the American Workforce
- Part 2: What Is the Best Way to Improve Employee Safety in the Workplace?
- Part 3: Offering an OSHA-compliant Safety Incentive Program
- Part 4: Providing Ongoing Safety Training and Education
- Part 5: Improving Employee Engagement and Employee Recognition
- Part 6: Putting it all Together
Topics: OSHA Compliant Safety Incentives
Are you looking to create the safest possible workplace for your employees? You’re not alone. We’ve spoken with thousands of companies that are seeking the same results. To get there, it will likely require a different path than you’ve tried in the past. So while the following tips will help you get there, they will require you to often think outside of the “safety” box.Read More >>