Celebrate Customer Service Week with These Cool Ideas [FREE GIFTS]
Working nights, weekends, and everything in between. Ensuring each customer walks away with a smile. And don’t even mention what one experiences during the holiday season. Customer service representatives might not have an easy job, but they do fulfill a major role for your company.
For these reasons, among many others, it’s important you make the most of this year’s upcoming Customer Service Week, which will take place October 2nd – 6th. Although showing your employees they’re appreciated should be a year-round process, the following tips should help you make the most of the week.
The Importance of Customer Service Week
Why is Customer Service Week so important? For starters, customer service representatives are among the most important employees your organization has. They may not have a corner office, but study after study has found the important role they play in the success of your organization.
For example, did you know that nearly 60% of consumers say they would try a new company if they knew they would receive better customer service? And, that’s just for starters. The White House Office of Consumer Affairs reports that bad customer service experiences are likely to reach TWICE the amount of people as positive customer service experiences. Further, keeping customers happy should be a chief concern, as it’s seven times more expensive to acquire a new customer as it is to retain a current one.
Ways to Make the Most of It
Now that we’ve examined why Customer Service Week is so important, let’s take a look at a few ways you can make the most of it. Please keep in mind tips with an asterisk beside them can be done in conjunction with our People Are Everything platform.
- Celebrate/Reward employees who received great reviews on transactional surveys and online review sites. **
- Write a handwritten note acknowledging a job well done -- this goes a lot further than email.
- Send an eCard to your employees and their managers that highlights their contributions and lets them know they’re appreciated. **
- Create a wall of appreciation and post stories about exceptional customer service offered by your team.
- Have Managers recognize employees instantly using Instant Award Cards or On-the-Spot Cards. **
- Use our People Are Everything platform to improve employee engagement by posting event notices and photos of what’s going on. **
- Offer rewards for individual goals, team goals, and department goals.
- Make each day themed. For example, Superheroes of Service, People Are Everything, The Magic Inside of You, etc.
- Play BINGO through email during the week. This is popular in the Call Center world where employees may not have as much opportunity to participate in other events. Award points or Instant Award Cards as prizes. **
But Wait, There's More
We want to help you make Customer Service Week the best yet, and we’re going to give you a free gift to get the ball rolling. We’re giving away our Customer Service Appreciation Week eCards for FREE, so you can share them with your employees.
Looking for something a little extra? Contact us today for a free consultation, and we’ll be happy to share with you how our points-based reward and recognition solutions can engage your employees year round. In addition to being 100% OSHA® compliant, you can create a plethora of contests and fun exercises that utilizes our platform! From the simplest idea to the most complex, we’re here to help.